In honor of my birthday and my all the lovely friends and readers who have put in more than a few “miles on the odometer”:
ABOUT GROWING OLDER…
- First ~ Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it.
- Second ~ The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.
- Third ~ Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know “why” I look this way. I’ve traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren’t paved.
- Fourth ~ When you are dissatisfied and would like to go back to youth, think of Algebra.
- Fifth ~ You know you are getting old when everything either dries up or leaks.
- Sixth ~ I don’t know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
- Seventh ~ One of the many things no one tells you about aging is that it is such a nice change from being young.
- Eighth ~ One must wait until evening to see how splendid the day has been.
- Ninth ~ Being young is beautiful, but being old is comfortable.
- Tenth ~ If you don’t learn to laugh at trouble, you won’t have anything to laugh at when you are old.
(This was sent to me in an email-author unknown)