If you read the interview with me on the Pacific Northwest ArtFire Guild Blog, it will come as no surprise to you that my work surface is a constant disaster. I usually have numerous projects going at once. And I’d rather design jewelry than clean up after myself. I did include a studio picture with the interview and it looks half-way decent, but I neatened things up before taking that picture.
So I’m coming clean about not being clean. Here’s how the studio really looks!
How do I even find what I am working on???? Here’s a close up of the mess on the left.
Here’s the little blue bowl that is on the upper right in the picture above.
These bracelets were commissioned by a friend’s mother. Her mother had bought a similar bracelet from me and received compliments from her friends. So she decided she wanted to gift her friends with matching bracelets. The only problem was that I couldn’t find the exact same black and pink floral beads – I only had 1 left in my stash. These are similar and I hope they will be OK, (I do like the originals better, though).
I’ve finished one bracelet and just have to add the clasp to the second one.
Here are a pair of heart earrings I am working on. I don’t like that extra silver ring above the heart. It looks too gangly to me. I may remove it. What do you think?
And last of all, I’m already laying out ideas for a heart necklace. The photo makes the ceramic heart look blue, but it is really lavender and it pairs well with this lampwork bead, which I’ve had for a long time, (unfortunately I no longer remember who made it).
Well now you have the truth of the matter. I make pretties while I act disorderly!
I had these pine cones on display for Christmas. I love their spiraling patterns and wanted to share them with you, for your Macro Sunday enjoyment. And now that I’ve shared them, I can pack them away until next year.
Lori ofStudio Waterstone hosts a weekly blog hop of close-up photos.
Visit Lori to get links to more great macro shots.
I’ve been having fun making earrings with lampwork glass head pins. Basically this means that a glass artist formed the molten glass around a thin metal wire. For example, in the earrings below, Susan Kennedy of Sue Beads, created the mango colored rounds with a thin vertical metal wire sticking up from the top. I strung on the blue ceramic beads and topped them with small carnelians.
Then I wrapped a loop with that wire at the top and attached it to the brass ear wires. I love these cheerful earrings. They’d be awesome with jeans, but they’d go with anything blue, brown, beige, rust or orange. I titled these the “Mango Delight” earrings and they are in my shop now.
This next pair of earrings also features glass head pins from Sue Beads. Sue called these blue rounds “Snow Flowers” and you can see why. The pattern that has been pressed into the glass could be interpreted as either a flower or a snowflake, making them a great year round choice.
I topped the glass head pins with lampwork glass (handmade glass) by another talented glass artist, Jenelle Aubade of Beads and Botanicals. When you peer into these beads they are miniature wonders, full of swirling baby blue, cobalt blue and clear glass encasing. I topped Jenelle’s beads with light blue Swarovski crystals. The ear wires are sterling silver. The “Crystal Blue” earrings are also in my shop now.
Interview on the
Pacific N.W. ArtFire Guild Blog
I was recently interviewed on the Pacific Northwest ArtFire Guild Blog. My interviewer, Linda Steider of Steider Studios asked excellent questions and the whole thing turned out quite nicely. If you’d like to learn more about my background and design process visit:
I’ve recently been getting to know Melinda Orr on Facebbook and some of her wonderful metal components are on my bead table today. However, they were just in a heap on my bead table, so I decided to share them with you in a little more creative manner.
To be truthful, I had intended to show you a pair of earrings using two of the patina’ed rectangles. However, I decided that I didn’t like the way that they turned out (too long and bulky) so I took them apart. Back to the drawing board! Hopefully I will soon have something to show for my efforts!